Skyscraper

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Boundary Hotel - Part 2

After the last visit to The Boundary Hotel for lunch, I said I probably wouldn't go back for lunch. Well I found myself back there again, but this time it was for Danny's farewell lunch. Danny was leaving to go off and run his own business, good for him I say. I wait for the day when I have enough courage to quit my job and work on my business full time.

Here's Danny waving to the camera.


And another group shot with Danny standing head and shoulders above everyone.


We were so hungry walking from work to the hotel that Mark was threatening Tin for his bread.


The food finally arrives and everyone is tucking into their meals, except.........


Hien, whose meal always seems to come out last. So here is a mysterious hand feeding her some lamb while she waited.


I chose the Chicken Mignon, which consisted of chicken wrapped in bacon and stuffed with prawns. It sounded really good, but the reality was that the chicken was fairly dry and pretty bland. The sauce helped it a bit, but overall it was ok.


Again, I still think this place is too expensive for lunch. But they must have a market seeing as they can continue to charge the prices.

Overall Rating: 12/20, Food ok but too expensive for lunch.

Scores: 1-9: Unacceptable, don't bother. 10-11: Just OK,some shortcomings. 12: Fair. 13: Getting there. 14: Recommended. 15: Good. 16: Really good. 17: Truly excellent. 18: An outstanding experience. 19-20: Approaching perfection, Victoria's best.

No comments:

Post a Comment