Skyscraper

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Trampoline

Trampoline is one of the numerous gelato stores popping up all over Melbourne. There was a review recently in The Age newspaper Epicure section of some of the popular gelato shops in Melbourne. Trampoline fared very well and was the overall winner if my memory serves me correctly.



What I want to know is, what is the difference between gelato and ice cream. Is gelato just the Italian word for ice cream. I always though gelato didn't have milk in it, but a Google search seems to differ in views amongst different sites. Anyway, with or without milk, gelato is still nice and creamy and full of so many flavours.



All the flavours looked so tempting and I wanted to try everything. In the end, I wanted to try the vanilla which the newspaper article said was very good. I also was seduced by the chocolate nougat, combining two of my favourite sweet things. The vanilla turned out to have a very good authentic vanilla flavour. The chocolate nougat was chocolatety (is that a word) and nougaty (again, a word I made up). There was a huge chunk of yummy nougat (with nuts) in my ice cream, which I enjoyed. At $4.40 for two scoops in a waffle cone, it's not exactly cheap, but you shouldn't eat it everyday anyway. So its to be enjoyed occasionally for full enjoyment for your stomach and your wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment