Skyscraper

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Afrobev's Guide To Eating Out: Christophe's Dublin

This is what you want for your money!

Phil and I stopped off at Christophe's when we visited Dublin earlier on in the year and to say we were impressed was an understatement. It was the type of food that we live for, it was as home cooked and delicious as you can get at an eatery and where I am usually quite fussy with my grub and the service, I left satisfied with a full belly and a feeling of wanting to return as soon as possible.

Located directly opposite the Jameson Distillery tour entrance, Christophe's is definetly highly recommended by yours truly if you decide to tour Dublin and if you hop on the Dublin Tour Bus it is well worth a stop off for food (You can hop off and hop on again at the Jameson's Distillery Stop). They have an extensive menu with such home cooked delights as bangers and mash, lamb shank, sheperds pie aswell as a huge range of desserts. I personally opted for the bangers and mash while Phil went for stuffed Chicken. It was proper food cooked like only the irish can cook it and the service was outstanding. Friendly and efficient is not always something that comes hand in hand but they certainly impressed these two Welsh foodies.

I also found the pricing to be very reasonable for what you were getting but I think what impressed me most was the very high standard of food that was available in a cafe that is open mainly around lunchtimes and in the afternoon. A big, big thumbs up all round really!

Afrobev's Ratings:
Food- A+
Ambience- A+
Waiter- A More counter based than waiter service but the service was outstanding
Presentation A+ I haven't seen anything like it for a lunchtime offering
Overall- A+ I am not easily impressed but I liked it...A lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment